♦ SEC-AAAE General Aviation Project of the Year – Architectural Category ♦
Allen & Hoshall provided design services for the Executive Terminal Building. The Terminal is 9,000 sq. ft. and includes offices, rest rooms, kitchen, lounge, public areas, and conference rooms. The facility is the first General Aviation Terminal certified LEED Platinum worldwide.
• Over 3,000 solar panels were installed just south of the terminal, generating more than one megawatt of clean power every year.
• 95% of all construction waste was recycled.
• Furniture throughout the facility was sourced from regional providers, limiting the pollution required to transport the materials.
• Alternative transportation is encouraged and easily accessible for both employees and clients, with direct access to CARTA, bike storage and changing rooms, and reserved parking for low emissions and fuel efficient vehicles.
• Landscaping throughout the campus is comprised of indigenous plants requiring very little water for hydration.